Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Clique

2008

Director: Michael Lembeck

No actors I previously knew

Rating: three stars

I saw half of this movie on TV - the second half. I thought it was a cheesy, made-for-TV version of Mean Girls. Turns out it was a cheesy, made-for-the-big-screen version of Mean Girls, minus the slutty stuff.

Why oh why do they always have twenty year olds playing twelve and fifteen year olds? It's obnoxious. And what kind of fifteen year old actually knows about designers and fashion to the extent that they did in this film? Seriously? Come on. Except the part where she pretended her Old Navy swimsuit was an Original I-forgot-the-word-she-used-but-it-sounded-Italian, and the other girls were impressed, that was funny.

Bad acting. Nobody is this shallow.

The real reason I think this movie failed for me was because the main character was vastly unlikable. This may be because she looked almost exactly like the main queen bee in my middle school days :::shudder:::

No comments:

Post a Comment